Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Experimenting in the Studio!

Hey everyone,

The weather is finally getting nice and I am stuck inside all day :/ but as a plus I have got a lot of work done! Caiti and I have a portrait shoot at 5 which will help the claustrophobia! Yesterday I worked hard on setting up google analytics and making sure to be consistent on updating my flickr, twitter, facebook, website and blog. Social media is more time consuming than I ever expected and it totally has drained me! I created a new page on facebook (Vanessa Tierney Photograph) so be sure to "Like" it!

Today I only have one image to show because I am not done working on others from the shoot. I did a shoot in the studio last week and experimented with my lighting. I used a background spot with two kickers coming from both directions behind her. I then had two big black cards blocking any night from coming onto her face from behind. This gives a little bit of an edge to the image. I then had a beauty dish on a boom stand above her and a fill light directly behind me. The lighting is super fun to play with and I really like how it turned out! Here is the image I picked to use and after I do some editing to the others I will post them :) Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I love this image. Did you do her hair because its well styled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one of my friends who is a hair stylist do it for the shoot :) thanks!!

    ReplyDelete