Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Another week in Maine

Hey everyone,

So it has been awhile since I sat down and wrote a blog. (sorry) Two weeks ago Jason and I welcomed Arlene Collins into our lovely studio. Arlene taught a class on mastering flash. I personally have never been a huge flash fan but after assisting her in class I now have a better understanding of flash and feel that I would end up using it more in some situations. It was great to meet Arlene Collins, she really knows a lot about what she does and is able to teach it well. Jason and I will be working with Arlene two more times over the summer so you will be hearing more about her!

The weekend of the 4th was great, I got to go home and hang out with my friends and family for my birthday. My brother just acquired a boat so we spent most of the weekend out on the river. As most of you know I submerged my cell phone in coffee a few weeks ago and just got a new one in the end of June. Keeping that in mind, I stupidly took my beautiful new blackberry bold on the boat with me. I safely hid it in a towel and prayed for the best. Things were going good until all of a sudden our boat was bombarded with water. After a few seconds of water falling on us like a waterfall we figured out what went wrong (well they did, not me). I then remembered my lonely phone was in the back compartment as I was standing in a foot or two of water. Crossing my fingers I opened the back compartment and found it floating around... after a few moments of freaking out I came to terms with the fact that I am not meant to have a cell phone! Thankfully I have a new one now but it was a pretty stressful day!

Last week Jason and I started INVENTORY! Weirdly we had fun doing it. With the scanning gun in hand we would have races to see how fast we could enter in light kits and stands. It was an adventure but sadly we aren't done yet. Hopefully we will find some times to finish before the end of the summer!!

This week we are graced with the presence of Steve Sint! He is a wedding photographer who has shot so many beautiful photos. He has totally inspired me to start getting ready for one of my upcoming weddings. I have been searching on some of my favorite blogs and websites to get my ideas flowing. Some of those include Justin and Mary , Style Me Pretty and Growing Tree Photography. There are a lot more but I can't name them all. Check them out and get inspired, they are great :)

Hope everyone has a great week and I will be posting pictures from our wedding week soon! :)

1 comment: