Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

And it all comes to an end...

In just one week so many things have happened. Last week Jason and I welcomed Bobbi Lane into our wonderful home (the studio). We were told to be prepared for her intensity and passion. Everyone was right. She was intense, but only in the best way possible. She was always so enthusiastic about everything she was teaching and she put the students before her at all times. Her passion for photography and educating is amazing. If I were to ever take a class at the workshops, Bobbi's would be first on my list. 

Bobbi Lane stole my heart in just three days! She was intense and I can't say I wasn't exhausted every night, but I would do it again just to be in her presence! The work that the student produced in one week was amazing. I cannot even explain how many beautiful shots they got. They were all wonderful photographers when they got here, but in just one week Bobbi transformed them into amazing photographers! They not only had to think about lighting patterns, framing, composition and depth of field but also about being creative and thinking outside of the box. 

Here is our wonderful class :) I miss all of them dearly!

Bobbie took this picture of Jason and I before we left on Wednesday to head back to MA. Thank you so much Bobbi :)


It was a pleasure to get the chance to work with Bobbi and I really hope to be lifetime friends with her! She has inspired me in so many ways :) Thank you Bobbi!

I unfortunately had to skip out on the last few days of Bobbi's class to make it back to MA in order to graduate! It was definitely a bittersweet day for all of us Hallmarkers. In just 10 months we all created amazing life long friendships that hopefully will always keep us connected. 

Our speaker was Douglas Kirkland and although many of you probably don't know who he is I can guarantee that you have seen his work. He is truly gifted but what struck me most of all was his enthusiasm and energy when talking about photography. He is around 75 years old and on a 90+ degree day he was jumping around on stage, putting on hallmark hoodies and preaching to us about what we can now achieve. It was an honor to have him speak at our graduation. 

Although most of our sunburns have faded we still have the memories that hallmark supplied us with. I learned so many things while in the 10 month program, but the friends and connection I had the chance to make while there make all the sweat, tears and sleepless nights worth it :)

Congratulations Class of 2010!

Well I suppose I should get back to work now! This week we are teaching in "mastering flash" with Arlene Collins. I will let you know how all about it next week but so far it is going very well!

I hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July :)


No comments:

Post a Comment