Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

The New Adventure!

Hey everyone,

It has been a while since I have posted anything because things have been pretty busy. To start off I will give a litter run down on my review. First of all I passed thankfully! The review did not go as amazingly as planned I must admit... The judging is super critical and it is really rough to sit there and have someone rip apart one of your images. Overall I was not as satisfied after my review as i thought I would be. It took about a day for me to feel good about it, but after that I am just super thrilled to be moving on knowing that this will be the worst portfolio I will ever create and it can only get better from here. 

I am now in Maine at the Maine Media Workshops and we are just beginning the summer season here. In Maine Jason and I are working in the studio and it was a bit of a rude awakening when coming from the world of perfection at Hallmark. I was used to the best of the best studios and it was very odd to walk in to what Jason and I have to work with. After some time cleaning from top to bottom of the attic we have as a studio I have fallen in love. Once we organized and sorted through the mess I realized the amount of photographic opportunities in our little union hall building are endless. I am thrilled to break out my camera and get some shots where ever I can. Once I get my lightroom installed on my computer I will post some pictures of my very old, yet new to me studio that Jason and I have an unconditional love for (leaks and all). For all of you into fashion or studio lighting at all I am going to make you a bit jealous by saying I have 4 octabanks to play with and also the very new profoto air lights with build in remotes. There is no longer a need for assistants with these, you could be a room away and you will still be able to change the settings and fire these lights. I am even more in love now!

Today we got our first class in. We are working with Michael Wilson and I am super excited about the week to come. He is very nice and I can't wait to see how he works.

Unfortunately I have no new pictures to show so I will leave you a picture of me :) thank you to photobooth!


No comments:

Post a Comment